Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The beginning of something great

Its funny - when you paint, you find paint in the weirdest of places the next day.  Yesterday we gave HALO Denver Center for Youth a makeover.  HALO rented a house that is undergoing a lot of work in 5 Points, downtown Denver.  I found paint in weird places today...

I dislike painting.  Mainly because I am not good at it.  But I felt charged up yesterday, thinking of how many kids will walk through those doors and feel safe, comforted and ready to learn.  I could almost hear their voices. And I forgot I was painting.

Pictured is Nikki Cady, HALO Denver Director.  She is 100% volunteer and works full-time on HALO.  This Center was her vision last year.  This year it is happening.

Its the beginning of something great.  Volunteers and Interns have started to apply to work at the Center.  The community is starting to buzz about it.  There is an energy in that house already.

To read more about HALO Denver, click here.

1 comment: